Are you interested in helping empower millions to unlock their greatest potential by thinking think like an entrepreneur and furthering the Next Gen #MomentumMovement? Are you interested in leading impactful partnerships with the greatest universities and brands in the world?
If you’re growth-oriented and ready to contribute to a powerful mission, this role is for you.
Note regarding COVID-19:
We are sending our thoughts and best wishes to those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. At Next Gen HQ, we are an in-office culture, however under the current environment, this role may begin remotely, with intermittent travel to NYC. A full-time office environment in NYC is available.
About Next Gen HQ:
Next Gen HQ empowers young professionals with momentum to win at business and life through cultivating the entrepreneurial mindset.
Our purpose is to empower young professionals and leaders to design the lives they want to live, overcoming obstacles that get in the way of success.
Next Gen community members have used our resources to access mentorship from senior executives, foster powerful relationships, learn new skills, raise tens of millions in venture capital funding, get featured in major media outlets, and so much more. Each day we aim to support members through our empowering community, curated resources, and events including Next Gen Summit, a #1-rated, award-winning conference.
We work with dozens of household brands including American Express, Capital One, Dell, Target, the Wall Street Journal, and Comcast who recognize the power in ‘thinking like an entrepreneur’. Next Gen has become a ‘go-to’ for corporate partners striving to stand out within a competitive market.
The fun stuff:
Next Gen HQ is not your typical company. We represent a community of the world's most accomplished and inspiring Next Generation Entrepreneurs. Our members are Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees, Shark Tank contestants, Thiel and KPCB Fellows, a high schooler who founded and sold a marketing agency, a teenager who launched a multi-million dollar sock company, and our members’ companies have even gone on to acquire one another. Our partners are industry behemoths like Capital One and Target as well as leading startups (and unicorns) like Brex. Suffice to say, the network and work we do at Next Gen HQ matters. And we do it better than anyone else.
Working at Next Gen HQ might be for you if:
- You are a self-starter and will always go the extra mile
- You are a great communicator -- especially with a pen (keyboard*)
- You exhibit strong project management skills
- You have a strong desire to improve
- You can come up with a solution to any problem thrown at you
- Nothing gives you a greater sense of accomplishment than helping others succeed
- You thrive in a supportive community, finding friends and people you can build your life and grow your career with
Next Gen HQ is probably not for you if:
- You are looking for a role with the same straight-forward tasks each day
- You want a basic 9-5 job (do those really exist?)
- You struggle with an answer to the question, "What do you think?"
Today, we’re searching for a UI/UX Designer.
About the UI/UX Designer role:
Next Gen HQ is looking for a passionate UX/UI Designer who is driven by creating interfaces that are clean, sleek, and appealing to our target audience of young professionals between the ages of 18-27. This role includes responsibilities such as:
- Making learning exciting for the next generation by designing fun, game-like, interactive experiences within the digital platform
- Researching market and product trends in the ed-tech space; fully understanding the user experience in all competitive digital platforms
- Educating yourself on the latest UI/UX recommendations and technologies
- Ideating on innovative design concepts and documenting all recommendations through sketches, wireframes, and digital mockups
- Advocating for the user - always thinking about the goals and interests of our target audience, solving our users’ problems, and avoiding confusion with overly complex workflows
- Working directly with the Product Manager to optimize the user experience by addressing design changes based on user feedback, forums, and analytics
- Learning from talented designers to build some of the highest quality interactive education content in the industry
As the UI/UX Designer, a ‘Day in the Life’ may include:
- Work in individual and group settings to brainstorm, ideate, and transform ideas into clear, simple digital experiences that meet the users’ needs and goals
- Create wireframes, digital prototypes, UI comparisons, annotations, diagrams, and any other details as deemed necessary for conveying design ideas to the Product Manager and addressing project requirements
- Update designs based on the team’s quantitative and qualitative research and insights
- Assist in planning and gathering UI/UX research as needed
- Work with a talented, diverse range of people – storyboard artists, designers, animators, developers, researchers, learning experts, creative directors, and more – to help our users develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- Take initiative to collaborate and communicate with colleagues to solve problems
What’s Needed to Thrive in this Role:
- 3+ years of relevant UX/UI experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; proactive in seeking feedback
- Experience sketching interfaces, low- and high-fidelity wireframes and interactive mockups (specifically leveraging Figma)
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Relentless drive to create the best possible experience
- Portfolio with examples of individual and group projects, showing both the final product and your process for getting there. We strongly encourage applicants to include a portfolio link with your application
- A passion for turning complex issues and requirements into clean, simple, aesthetically pleasing experiences
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Stays calm and on-task, demonstrating strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong experience with industry-standard tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator / Photoshop / XD)
- Experience creating user flows & diagrams
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with gamification design concepts
- Knowledge of UI component libraries / design systems
- Knowledge of the capabilities of code (HTML, Css), along with an interest in learning technical requirements and limitations
- Knowledge / strong interest in ed-tech
This full-time role will include a base salary plus potential bonus payments, delivered based on performance. Compensation for this role stands at market rate for a UI/UX Designer and may vary depending on level and experience of the applicant.
We are a young, fun, fast-paced team. We're collaborative and helpful, and thoroughly committed to each other's success. With a work hard, play hard mentality, we're bold and unafraid of failure. We look forward to learning more about you and to welcoming you to our Next Gen HQ family!