Administrative Assistant to Chief Executive Officer | NYC/Remote
Are you interested in helping the world think like entrepreneurs, furthering the Next Gen #MomentumMovement? If you’re growth-oriented, a fast-learner, and ready to contribute to a powerful mission, this role is for you.
About Next Gen HQ:
Next Gen HQ empowers young professionals to succeed at work and in life through cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset.
We are on a mission to help the Next Generation achieve success at work and life. We are building the #1 learning and development ecosystem that helps these young leaders “Think Like Entrepreneurs” to develop themselves, their relationships, and their careers. Next Gen-ers use our Momentum Membership to learn, grow, and unlock their highest potential by accessing community-based learnings and curated opportunities.
The fun stuff:
Next Gen HQ is not your typical company. Our members are Forbes 30 Under 30 honorees, Shark Tank contestants, Thiel and KPCB Fellows, and our members’ companies have even gone on to acquire one another. We work with dozens of household brands including Capital One, Dell, Target, the Wall Street Journal, and Comcast, engineering original activations and strategies to help them better access, engage with, and influence the next generation of leaders.
Suffice to say, the work we do at Next Gen HQ matters. And we do it better than anyone else.
Working at Next Gen HQ might be for you if:
- You are a self-starter and will always go the extra mile
- You are a great communicator -- especially with a pen (keyboard*)
- You exhibit strong project management skills
- You have an overwhelming desire to grow
- You can come up with a solution to any problem thrown at you
- Nothing gives you a greater sense of accomplishment than helping others succeed
- You thrive in a supportive community
A high growth New York startup is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide world-class support to its dynamic and fast-paced team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Prepare Weekly Reports for Executive Leadership that include status updates from high-leverage projects, data on Key Performance Indicators, and progress across initiatives
- Manage and administer People Operations including the oversight of hiring projects, job descriptions, inputting of payroll information, and organization of team culture events
- Own and operate Administrative tasks including management of CEO scheduling, the master corporate calendar, bookkeeping integration, annual reporting requirements, reviewing of monthly billing statements, booking of travel and accommodations, and management of key IT systems
- Support CEO/Executive Team by attending meetings, recording minutes, coordinating schedules, reviewing communications, providing briefings, and drafting correspondence
- Support the management of relationships with key stakeholders including Network Partners, Investors, Contractors, and Vendors
- Northstar KPI: How well supported does the CEO feel?
Day in the Life:
- Reviewing Daily Agenda with CEO
- Meeting with Head of Product, Head of Partnerships, and Head of Marketing to hear the latest status updates on a new product’s implementation
- Meeting a recent graduate who is interviewing for an open Project Management role
- Attending an Executive Meeting on the future of our Brand Strategy, taking notes and coordinating future steps and action items
- Coordinating a speaking engagement for the CEO to address an industry panel
- Organizing CEO's schedule to prioritize a meeting with investors
What’s Needed to Thrive:
- Trustworthy, Organized, Positive
- Shows exemplary planning and time management skills
- Current in today’s office technologies and maintains basic arithmetic capabilities
- Demonstrates discretion with personal and confidential information
- Able to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Stays calm and on-task in high-stress situations